Friday, January 25, 2013

My First Half Marathon

Last Sunday (Jan. 20th), I ran 14 miles with my brother Alex. What a blast it was! Now, let me tell you, if you have the heart to wake up at 4:45 A.M. for a race, I think that you are most definitely a dedicated runner. I know I am. So, I woke up and ate a banana, apple, and a a little almond butter. The race started at seven o'clock and of course we got their with fifteen minutes until the gun and Alex and I both had to use the restroom. Wonderful. So we found the porta-potties and the line was fifty people long. Thankfully, the line went quickly and we ran to the start line. Two thousand people showed up and I feared I might be trampled. I wasn't.....no worries!(: So before the race started, the Star Spangled Banner was playing on the loud speaker. Then the cutest thing happened, the loud speaker died and all of the runners and supporters kept singing their hearts out and it sounded so beautiful! Anyway, the marathon began and we were off. My brother shouted "Good Luck!" and I thought "Here we go!" My brothers goal was to finish in under two hours and he finished in an hour and forty-five minutes. I finished in exactly two hours and I seriously was not even trying that hard. So right when I finished, I went for the orange slices and chowed down.... not really. You don't exactly have a big appetite when you finish a half marathon. Seeing as I was a bit nauseous, I was a little sickened by the people who were shoving cookies in there mouths.  Icky. When we got home I jumped into a freezing cold pool and then took a shower outside. The day was going my way! Then my family arrived and we had subs for lunch. I ate one and a half, marathoners gotta eat! After I ate, I sat in the jacuzzi. It was so nice! So that was my marathon day! Please subscribe to my blog to get email updates! I love you all! Muah!

Xoxo,

Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment