Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Real Sugar Cookies!

Every time I attempt to make sugar cookies (in the hopes that they will be like the ones from Publix with the sugar crystals and crackled tops), they turn out to be like those sugar cookies that desperately need gobs of frosting to make them taste good, or even taste like anything for that matter. Well my friends, I have found it! The recipe that puts all other sugar cookie recipes to shame! This recipe was originally from Sweet Tooth Sweet Life, but I made a couple modifications. Instead of cream of tartar I used baking powder, and because I did not have almond extract, I simply added an extra 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract for a nice flavor.

After I was finished baking the last batch, I bit into my perfectly crackled cookie and my sense of smell was overwhelmed by the irresistible aroma it was giving off. Now, enough of my mental pictures, lets go ahead and jump into everything!

Ingredients/amounts at the end.

Preheat your oven to 350' F convection bake.

Let us begin as we begin all (or most) recipes, by creaming our butter and sugar!













After your butter and sugar are smooth, mix in three egg yolks one at a time.














Next, add in your vanilla extract.













Now your wet mix is complete and it is time to add the dry ingredients. Here I have flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add these gradually to guarantee that you will stay at least semi-clean!


























Your mixture should look like this.













Now make one inch balls and roll them in raw/decorating/granulated sugar (I used Sugar In The Raw).













Place them on a greased cookie sheet about 1-2 inches apart.













Put them in the oven for about 10 minutes. Or until they are all fully crackled on the top like this!













Transfer them to a cooling rack.













Have a lovely day! Bon appétit!(;

Temp.- 350'F convection bake

Ingredients/amounts:
1-1/4 cups white sugar
1 cup salted butter
3 egg yolks
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
coarse sugar crystals or regular granulated sugar

Xoxo! Love,

Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment